Pages

Mcphanis is the nickname my father gave me. He was my also my inspiration and mentor in the art world.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Lunar New Year - Seattle

The costume party had to be held undercover.
All I could see was the audience of proud parents and grandparents
watching their offspring parade across the stage.

Unmistakably Seattle with all the umbrellas.
I had to wiggle my way up front to get any view of the lion dance.
A lot of these lines are my imagination since I couldn't really see.
Also the rain kept getting my paper wet, then the ink wouldn't work.
I kept wiping my paper with my scarf. It was quite a juggling act.
Martial Arts Demo from a Shao Lin school of martial arts.
I was mostly focused on the crowd, especially the kids in their festive garb...covered with raincoats.
Delightful day despite the weather.


No comments: