Market in Hong Kong - these markets were a dense maze of corrugated tin, canvas tarps, hanging lightbulbs, narrow passageways, layers of clothes, sundries, shoes, belts, and foods of all categories.
My first free morning in Hong Kong I ventured out on my own. After 2 hours of wandering the winding streets and alleyways I happened on our hotel. Just around the corner from this market.
Juice bar near Hollywood Square. Delicious!
Alleyway next to our hotel. Almost every window hosts an air conditioner.
Scene from the street near our hotel. It was Sunday - "Community Day". On the overpass you see in the drawing I noticed small groups of young people - mostly young women - "picnicing" while sitting on thin visquene sheets on the sides of the walkways. I was told it was Community Day and all the service workers, most of whom lived in very small quarters, gathered all over the city on their day off spreading out their visquene picnic blankets and enjoying the camaraderie.

1 comment:
incredible...sketching loved it....
Post a Comment